- Are you affiliated with Nintendo?
No, we are independently run and only fans- just like you are. We don’t know any secrets or answers to things that only Nintendo could answer.
- Do you know any good town blogs?
There’s a continuously-updated list here
- What should I know about “Wi-fi etiquette” Is it really that important?
- I don’t want to buy the 3DS because I am frugal and/or broke. Can I play the 3DS version on my DS/Gamecube/Atari/Sega Genesis/toaster?
- Why didn’t you post my submission?
You probably didn’t submit it correctly. If you submit a photo but send it to us using the text post, it will be deleted. Feel free to try again!
- Will you post my friend code?
No, sorry! Check out an animal crossing community or some other AC forum for that. Also, communication through the ‘animal crossing’ tracked tag seems pretty effective.
- Do you have tagged pages of [character]?
You can search for your character at the top. We tag whatever characters show up in a post!
- Oh no, I have bedhead; have a good hairstyle guide?
- My face looks bad; can you give me a guide?
- Have you seen the Animal Crossing Movie/what is it?
Yes; the AC movie is entitled Doubutsu no Mori and you cant download it here
- Which is your favorite AC game?
I’m a fan of the original for GC. Marissa likes City Folk best.
- Do you hack?/What’s your opinion on hacking?
Neither of us hack since we don’t have the programs to do so. But we have no issues with it. In fact, people can do a lot of really creative modifications to their towns that you can’t get normally (such as making the town an obstacle course like this, for example) and seeing how people creatively use hacking to their town’s benefit is usually pretty cool!
- Have you read ‘The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing’?
Yes. Don’t submit it to us. We’ve posted it several times and we will not do it again.
Don’t know what it is? Read the story here.
- So wait, who’s Penny? Why is Penny so bad? Why does everyone hate Penny?
Read ‘The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing’.
Outside of the story, Penny is the same as any normal villagers in the game.
- Why do you post about Ruby Quest?/What is it?
Ruby Quest is a story that originated on 4chan as a ‘choose your own adventure’ that’s done completely in MS Paint and still manages to be gory and frightening. The characters are based on characters from Animal Crossing, so we post about it here. Read it here.
There is also a sequel still in the works called ‘NanQuest’ here.
Nothing. You bury them and then you or your neighbors can fall in. That’s it.
- Which AC game do you recommend?
We have a page for pros and cons about the games.
- Can you date the animals?
Thankfully, no. Being sexually attracted to animals is generally frowned upon.
- How do you take screenshots?
Unless you have a capture card or play with an emulator; it’s impossible to take screenshots in the GC and DS versions. On the Wii, press 1 on your remote and view/save them to your SD card by pressing 2. 3DS; press L and R.
- Which emulator should I use/how do I get one?
We would much rather you actually pay for the games; but if you happen to accidentally Google emulators…
- Where’s a tutorial on how to play AC on my computer?
- Where can I download the soundtracks?
Here’s one of them; the others you can probably find if you Google ‘Animal Crossing (version) OST’
GC: he doesn’t exist.
WW & CF: once a week at random.
In GC, he comes between midnight and 4am and you’ll randomly bump into him. He wasn’t in WW, and in CF, you’ll find a lamp lying on the ground somewhere that signals when he shows up. He shows up in town after 8pm.
- What do you know about AC for the 3DS?
JUNE 9 please stop asking now.
No. Not yet.
- When/how does Blanca visit?
In WW & CF, she shows up in your town sometimes if you use wifi. In GC, she shows up on the train sometimes when you go to visit another town (which requires a memory card with a town on it in slot B). In NL, she is the event character for April Fool’s Day.
- Where can I find a list of all the neighbors?
Although it’s not by game; this is probably the best.
- Can you store gyroids with Brewster? How?
Befriend him; then talk to him while you have a gyroid with you.
- Where do you find Serena?
City Folk only; you need to have the fountain and then just throw an axe in there.
- What kind of hair is this?
Tiara hair from Gracie Grace.
- Can you answer my tech question about…?
We appologize, but above many things we cannot solve for you, tech support questions are one of them. We’re the wrong people to ask about why your WiFi connection isn’t working or your WiiConnect24 won’t connect, etc.
Animal Forest was the original AC game for N64. It was only released in Japan, but there are emulations of it floating around. We have a series of posts helping you with an Apple-only emulation of the game.